- A fast, stable, and durable inflatable touring SUP, the BOTE Traveller Aero can haul a serious amount of gear and is the perfect choice for overnight paddling excursions.
- The Traveller Aero is currently available in two stunning color options and is certainly one of the nicest looking inflatable touring boards on the market.
- Loaded with useful features like dual bungee storage areas, a Paddle Sheath, cooler tie downs, and Rac compatible accessory attachment points, the Traveller Aero is a board that’s designed with serious use in mind.
- Unfortunately, this high-end inflatable also comes with a high price tag. Two solid alternatives for budget-conscious paddlers would be the new BLACKFIN Model V or the THURSO Expedition.
Reviews by our Readers
BOTE’s inflatables are stunning, and the Traveller is no exception. This board has a beautiful design and it performs really well in the water.
Touring, cruising, overnight excursions
WHERE TO BUY IT:
BOTE is well-known for producing beautiful inflatable paddle boards, and the Traveller Aero continues to build on that reputation. Currently available in two eye-catching styles, this is a stunningly beautiful inflatable that also delivers when it comes to paddling performance.
A board that works well for flatwater cruising, overnight SUP expeditions, and long distance paddling, the Traveller Aero offers a nice blend of speed and stability. Measuring 12’6″ x 30″ x 6″ and weighing in at 30 pounds, the Traveller Aero glides and tracks well in the water.
The board’s top deck features a high-quality BVA traction pad that is heat sealed to prevent it from getting waterlogged. The traction pad is comfortable on the feet and provides excellent grip.
There’s a comfy grab handle mid-board that is positioned well and allows you to easily carry the board around when it’s inflated. As with BOTE’s HD Aero, the Traveller Aero is also compatible with BOTE’s Travelink system which adds even more convenience when carrying the board around.
Located at the nose of the board is a D-ring for towing or tethering the board, a handy grab handle, Paddle Sheath for securing your paddle, and bungee cord storage area for your gear.
The Tail of BOTE’s Traveller Aero also features a grab handle, a second bungee storage area for securing additional gear, a high-quality inflation valve, a D-ring for leash attachment, and a few Rac attachment points.
On the underside of the board is a triple fin setup which really helps the Traveller Aero in the tracking department. The larger center fin is removable, while the two small side fins are permanently fixed to the board.
As you’d expect, BOTE includes a very nice bundle of SUP accessories with the Traveller Aero. Included with the board are the following accessories:
- 3-piece travel paddle
- Dual-action SUP pump
- Waterproof travel backpack for convenient storage and transport
- Repair kit
Missing from the bundle is a SUP leash — something we’d really love to see BOTE package together with the board in the future. A leash is an inexpensive but critically important safety accessory, and including one in the bundle helps to promote SUP safety.
All of BOTE’s inflatable SUPs are covered by a 1-year warranty. Given the higher price point of BOTE’s Aero line, we’d love to see a more generous warranty period offered such as 2 or 3 years.
- Beautiful, head-turning design
- Excellent build quality
- Fast yet stable
- Good rigidity
- Dual bungee storage for tons of onboard storage
- Rac attachment points give you the ability to customize the board
- Paddle Sheath is great for securing your paddle while on the water
- Nice SUP accessory bundle
- Warranty coverage is just 1-year
- BOTE does not include a SUP leash with the board
- Higher price point than many other inflatables
BOTE has done a fantastic job with the overall design of the Traveller Aero iSUP. This is a stunningly beautiful inflatable paddle board that offers excellent performance and premium features, but it definitely comes at a price. As mentioned, we’d love to see a longer warranty period offered and the inclusion of a leash with the SUP bundle — these additions would add more value to the overall package and further justify the premium price tag in our opinion.